Kampong Thom is great way to get away and experience wonderful historical sites!
Located south of Siem Reap, on the Eastern bank of the Tonle Sap lake, Kampong Thom is historically known in Cambodian folklore as the City of the Great Snakes. According to local legend, a pair of large snakes inhabited a nearby cave. During Buddhist holidays, the snakes would appear before the local people.
During the Funan period, Kampong Thom was a powerful capital in Southeast Asia. Some of the oldest remnants of ancient temples in Cambodia are found in this area.
Visit the ancient site of Sambor Prei Kuk and other nearby ancient sites. These are some of the oldest remaining pre-Angkor temples in Cambodia, dating back to the 6th to 9th century. The site was established by King Isanavarman I as a central royal sanctuary and capital. Sambor Prei Kuk is located amidst mature sub-tropical forests with limited undergrowth.
Hike to Phnom Santuk, the most sacred site in the province. The summit is accessed by a stone pathway with many Buddha carving and pagodas enshrined along the way to the top.
Enjoy the highlights of Kampong Thom with our two day journey, departing from Siem Reap.
Single $255 Double $325
- Angkorian and Pre-Angkorian temples (oldest in Cambodia dating back to 6th century)
- Temple sites – Sambor Prei Kuk – Prasat Andet – Prasat Kok Rokar – Prasat Kuhak Nokar
- Buddha Statue
- Phnom Santuk (Santuk Mountain)
- All transport 2 days
- Air-conditioned compact Honda SUV
- Driver/guide (English speaking)
- All entrance fee to listed activities
- Accommodation 1 night stay
- Lunch x 2 – Dinner x 1 – Breakfast x 1
Bookings made easy. Book Now online to reserve your tour.
We will follow up with a confirmation email.
All prices are per person and include tax.
Passenger price is for a second rider per bike.
Payment to be made in full at check-in.
©2016 Sabai Adventures Cambodia